|Throughout 2018, our Serving Justice project is exploring relationships between individual rights, community responsibilities, and the equitable distribution of opportunity.
Serving Justice is bringing professional artists from divergent disciplines into residence in our city's most challenged neighborhoods, each to develop a piece advancing "liberty and justice for all" whether civil, social, cultural, or economic.
City residents are essential collaborators on the creation of new visual and performing artworks interweaving their experiences, creating shared narratives that promote understanding beyond the boundaries of culture, class and community.
Please join us in our Manayunk studio and around the city as we showcase diverse public art and ideas about how to make it better!
COSACOSA Workshop Programs 2018
Please call or email for specific dates and times to volunteer!
Art & Civic Engagement
• Serving Justice workshops in Philadelphia's Hunting Park, Manayunk, Nicetown-Tioga, Passyunk,
and Spring Garden neighborhoods, ongoing
• Site and Sound Gardens open studios and neighborhood events, February-October
Art & Health
• Ripples of Hope artwork creation for The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, January-May
• North Philadelphia Healing and Unity Gardens seasonal Art & Health events, ongoing
• Workshops at local pediatric healthcare centers, ongoing
Art & Education
• Philadelphia Dreams ceramic mural project at Kirkbride School in South Philly, February-June
• Growing United painting, mosaics, and civics project at McClure School in North Philly, February-October
• Suns of Liberty sculpture and civics project at Jackson School in South Philly, February-June
Art & Youth Development
• American Dreams story CD project at our Manayunk studio, January-April
• Change≠Chance game production at our Manayunk studio, June-September
• Serving Justice audio design at our Manayunk studio, May-December
|COSACOSA Serving Justice Public Events and Exhibitions 2018
Click here, join our email list, or follow us on Facebook for details on current and upcoming presentations!
• Monday, January 15, 1 to 4 p.m. - Martin Luther King Day of Service at the COSACOSA Studio
intercultural, inter-community mosaic-making for our North Philadelphia Site and Sound Gardens
• Thursday, February 15, 9 to 11 a.m. - Serving Justice open studio at the Kirkbride School
community story collection and strategic planning for South Philadelphia neighborhoods
• Friday, March 23, 10 a.m. to 12 noon - Spring Forward artwork creation at North Philly's McClure School
new mosaics for COSACOSA's Hope Reading Garden, one of our North Philly Site and Sound projects
• Thursday, April 26, 9 to 11 a.m. - Ripples of Hope artwork installation at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
new art linking hope-inspired words and images for the CHOP Roberts Center for Pediatric Researc
• Wednesday, May 16, 10:15 to 11 a.m. - Growing United mosaic unveiling at North Philly's McClure School
intercultural, intercommunity celebrations of new public art for Philadelphia schools
• Tuesday, June 5, 2 to 3 p.m. - Philadelphia Dreams mural unveiling at South Philly's Kirkbride School
an intercultural, intercommunity celebration of new public art for Philadelphia schools
• Friday, September 7, 2 to 4 p.m. - Serving Justice open studio at the COSACOSA workshop
community story collection and strategic planning for North Philadelphia neighborhoods
• Saturday, October 13, 7:00 p.m. - Song & Supper performance event at COSACOSA Studio
a community benefit and preview of our project for 2019
• Tuesday, November 20, 5 to 7 p.m. - Coming Home, Giving Thanks harvest celebration
end of season reclamation in our North Philadelphia Gardens, followed by a community meal
• Sunday, December 17, 2 to 4 p.m. - Serving Justice open house and solstice celebration
album launch party featuring new art from neighborhoods throughout Philadelphia